Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Resolutions

Resolutions are never something I've taken seriously. I'll half ass a list of intangible goals with no end date in sight... so it's no wonder I inevitably fail. This year is different.

I know, I know, people say that every year and nothing changes. But I'm betting on myself for once and I refuse to fall into the category of "resolution drop outs."

For starters. I aim to get my license. Let's skip past the judgement and Q&A portion, shall we? I currently have my permit, and I am learning to drive. It's a slow process and I don't ever plan to enjoy driving. But I am doing it (and with limited tears, I might add).

Next, I want to continue with my daily work outs. I've actually been working out every day for almost two months now, and I don't plan to stop. A small work out is better than no work out, so even when I have a busy day, there's no excuse.

The doozy: no alcohol. WHAT?! Anyone who has ever met me knows that I love my Jack...probably more than I love most people. But for all of the obvious, and not-so-obvious reasons, I have decided to take a year of sobriety.

There are a couple others, but I'll let y'all pick your jaws up off the floor and recover. Wouldn't want to shock anyone TOO much before the new year begins.

And for anyone who doubts that I can do it, or has something negative to say, save it.



No comments:

Post a Comment