Monday, March 31, 2014

When All is Done

I came across an article that had a list of "thought provoking questions" to ask yourself. The one that stuck out to me the most was:
What would people say about you at your funeral?

As weird and morbid as this sounds, I think about this subject quite a lot. I have this image in my head of what my funeral will look like. And to start, it doesn't look anything like your run-of-the-mill funeral. I see colors and patterns, for no one should be wearing black. I hear live jazz music and upbeat rhythms, for there should be no solemn tunes. I see smiles instead of tears, I hear laughter instead of sobs. I want people to celebrate my life, rather than mourn my death.

I feel like that this is an accurate representation of who I am. I am not a sad, pessimistic person who lives their life in black and white. I would hope that the stories and speeches illustrate a happy, fun-loving, colorful person. I don't need to be remembered by all, but if I can manage to make a difference in a handful of lives, I would say that I lived my life well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment