Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Quirks

I was recently with someone who said they wanted to fix me. They would say that if they could get rid of all my problems they would. I suppose it's a sweet thing to say; to be able to rid someone of any issues they may have... but I was left hurt and offended.

I have a lot of... let's call them quirks. Between my trust issues and my inability to communicate my feelings, I can see why someone might see me as broken.

But I love me. All of me. I like my scars (physical and emotional) and I wouldn't change them for the world. Yes, it might make relationships or friendships a bit harder for me, but I wouldn't be me without these quirks.

I guess all I'm trying to say is that if you truly love someone, you wouldn't want to fix them. You would love all of them, and all of their quirks.

No comments:

Post a Comment