Saturday, August 30, 2014

"When did you last cry in front of someone else?"

I'm not someone who easily cries. It doesn't matter if it's a physical pain, emotional pain, or even happiness, tears just don't come that easily. I have to be extremely passionate, emotional, or happy in order to get those tears flowing.

Luckily, the last time I cried was a happy experience. It was at Disneyland, with an audience of strangers. 

A little back story: I make it a point to experience something new every time I go to Disneyland. Because I go so often, it's easy to fall into a set routine...but what's the fun in experiencing the same thing every time you go? In my opinion, it takes some of the magic away. 

I had never seen the new Frozen float before the parade, so I stopped to watch it. It was nothing special, just Elsa and Anna waving while an instrumental version of "Let it Go" played on the loudspeakers. Yet, for some reason, this wave of happiness came over me. I realized that at this very moment, Disney was literally making dreams come true for so many children. Even with an overrated float, magic was being created. 

I couldn't help but smile as tears started to stream down my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment