Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thanks Giving

I've always known that I've lead a pretty lucky life. One with a plethora of opportunities, loving friends and family, and so much more. I've had my share of lows, times of struggle, and shed more tears than I can count. But I've ALWAYS had something to be thankful for.

I've been lucky enough to have a roof over my head. To have food to eat, and clean water. To have clothes to keep me warm, and a bed to sleep on. My basic needs have always been met; I am truly thankful for that.

People often give thanks for the good things in their lives, but rarely take the time to give thanks for the bad.

I am thankful for every time I've felt hopeless. I'm thankful for each and every physical scar. I'm thankful for every time I cried because the sadness I felt couldn't be contained. I'm thankful for every time I've been rejected. I'm thankful for all the times I looked in the mirror and believed every bad comment that has been said about me.

Why am I thankful for all of these lows? Because each time I struggled in life, it made me stronger.

And for that, I could not give enough thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment