Friday, September 6, 2013

The Happiest Time in the Happiest Place

Yesterday I got to go to Disneyland with Hilary. And it was one of the best times I've ever had. Normally it's hard not to have a good time, but there's always an added stress and pressure to have "the best time ever." Because each previous trip had been planned months in advance, I always felt like I had to make the most of the limited time I had. But yesterday was different. 

I woke up to a text from Hilary saying that she no longer had to work... "want to go to Disneyland?" This was not a hard question for me to answer. When it comes to Disneyland, the answer is always yes. I shot out of bed, jumped in the shower, rushed to get ready, and we were on our way. We each had a couple things in mind that we hoped to accomplish and the day went so smooth (and the longest we had to wait in like was 30 minutes).

First, we went on Radiator Springs, which I had not been on before. I was so impressed. It has become my new favorite ride in California Adventure (and it was so worth the wait). Then, we headed over to California Screaming, followed by the Tower of Terror and Monsters Inc. After that, we decided to make our way to the magical kingdom and caught a showing of Mickey and the Magical Map. If you have not seen it and you have the chance to: GO! It was not only an adorable story, but getting to see Pocahontas, Mulan, Rapunzel, Tiana, and a few other special guests sing and dance and be on stage brought out the little kid in me. I swear, I was smiling like a goon and had goose bumps the entire performance. 

One of the things that made yesterday so special is that we both got to do things in the parks that we had never done before. Neither of us had been on the Mark Twain Riverboat, which was such a wonderful experience. I had my first Dole Whip Float and I got my name embroidered on a hat for the first time. I also got to see Peter Pan for the first time in the parks. 

We ended the day with a ride on Splash Mountain (I don't know how she talked me into it) and a wonderful dinner at the Rainforest Cafe. 

There was no backtracking, no complaints, and no expectations, which meant there were no disappointments. We both got to do exactly what we wanted to (and more). It was the perfect disney day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment