Friday, December 27, 2013

Regrets

I have no regrets. 

I don't mean to say that in a let's-get-wasted-and-forget-about-our-future kind of way. I mean to say that even through the mistakes and stumbles I've made in life, there isn't one thing I regret. In fact, it's those choices that have molded me into who I am today. 

With all of that being said, there are a handful of moments I would like to go back and relive. I wouldn't go back and change anything significant, but I would like to spend just one more minute, give one more hug, or say one last goodbye.

I think this is why I tend to say "I love you" so much. Or why I find it easier to let things go than hold a grudge. I've lost people close to me... and constantly find myself wishing I had said "I love you" once more. 

Take a minute to think about this:
Think about someone you are mad or annoyed at, or perhaps someone you don't talk to much because you simply don't know what to say. Now, imagine you losing this person forever. Is that fight, grudge, or lack of communication really worth it? 

I end most, if not all of my phone calls and conversations with a proclamation of love. The reasoning: those words could be the last ones they ever hear from me. And whatever problem I have with that person melts away. 

And if you're reading this, unsure of the last words someone has said to you: I LOVE YOU. 

No comments:

Post a Comment