Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A New Year

In the year of 2013, something amazing happened. In the first few months, Kelsey and I would joke about us living together. We would laugh at how preposterous of an idea it was; both of us living in Los Angeles. Fast forward a few months, skip over the fears I faced, and we get to now…

I am starting the year of 2014 as Kelsey’s roommate, living in Los Angeles. I am on my own financially for the first time in my life. My parents and I continue to have a good relationship. I’m dating. And I’m enjoying my life.

Of course, with every new year, we make resolutions. Every year prior, I would make lists of things I wanted to do that year or things I wanted to change. More often then not, these resolutions never saw spring. However, this year, I am trying something new: SLUT. Stop, Look, Understand, and Take in. (Yes, I am fully aware of how silly it sounds considering the acronym… but hey, at least I won’t forget it!) This could be applied to just about any aspect of my life, whether it’s taking the time to reevaluate the contents of my grocery basket, or simply stopping to appreciate the sunset on my walk home from work. Perhaps in this new year, with a new way of thinking, this resolution will make it to the end.


So, here's to a new year and taking the time to SLUT it up! *clink*  

No comments:

Post a Comment