Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Guilty Pleasure

guilt·y pleas·ure
noun
"Something, such as a movie, television program, or piece of music, that one enjoys despite feeling that it is not generally held in high regard."

Everyone has a guilty pleasure. Most people have more than one. A guilty pleasure isn't a secret that you share with someone lightly. It's one of those topics where a friendship needs to be established so you know that the other person won't judge you as much as a stranger would. You start slow, maybe sharing your weakness for chocolate and working your way up to your love for Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines." But it takes a special kind of friend to handle my guiltiest pleasure of all. 

My name is Camille Cohen and I love Hannah Montana.

Yes, you read that right. I'm talking about Hannah Montana, the television show on Disney created for kids. I am fully aware that the humor was written to reach the minds of children who are in second grade, and the acting is atrocious, but there is something about this show that warms my heart and makes me smile. It never fails to put me in a good mood.

Let the judgement begin. 

(Oh, and in case you were wondering: yes, my closest friends are aware of this secret and yes, they do still judge me immensely.)

1 comment: