Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Time to Try

Over the past few days, I've been telling myself that my lazy days of sleeping in and watching crappy television were well deserved. That because of "everything I've been going through," I needed some time to relax. Because after quitting my job, giving up a career in teaching, moving back home, and traveling, a girl needs some time to rejuvenate and reconnect with old friends. 

Today I had a wake up call. 

I've been telling myself all of those things because I'm afraid to try. Because if I try, there's a chance I could fail. So if I let myself sit around and pretend I need the space to figure things out, people will understand and they won't push me to put myself out there and give it a go...

I'm not saying I have a clue as to what direction I should be going in, but I can't sit still anymore. It's time to pick myself up, get my ass out the door, and start trying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment