Monday, January 4, 2016

Big News

You know when I said I needed a break from teaching in order to figure out what I wanted to do with my life? And remember when I said that I wanted experience doing an abundance of jobs that were not in the education field? 

Well, I got a job!!

"What is it?" You may find yourself asking.

Umm....well...

I'm going to be a Kindergarten teacher. 

While you all take a second to roll your eyes, hear me out.

The school I will be working for found themselves in a pickle and in need of a teacher. And because of my extensive experience in education (and my connections within the district), they hired me! It's a temporary job that will only last until the end of the school year, but I will have my very own classroom with 23 adorable little ones. 

"But Cami, didn't you say..." I'm going to stop you right there.

I expect one of two things to happen during the next few months: I rediscover my love for teaching and decide it's what I want to pursue for the rest of my life or I decide that, even in the best of situations, it isn't for me, and I go my own way after completing the school year. 

Either way, this was an opportunity that I couldn't turn down. Like Ted and his quest for love, I need to give this one last try and see what the universe has to say about it.  

Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment