Saturday, August 17, 2013

Non-local Nerves

Do you ever feel like you don't belong? Like everyone around you knows exactly where they're going and what they're doing, but you feel completely lost? That's how I'm feeling right now. I'm the "new girl" in town and I feel out of place. I know that once I step out of my comfort zone and explore the area, I will start to feel more at home. But for the time being, I feel as if I'm confined to my apartment...confined to my room because it's the one place I know and feel safe in. It probably doesn't help that the idea that I now live in LA hasn't quite settled in. It currently feels more like this is Derek and Kelsey's apartment and I am simply staying with them for a while. Hopefully this place starts to feel more like my own when the idea that I actually live here sinks in. 

In other news, the move went smoother than I thought it would (even with getting lost and the stress of running some errands). And the unpacking went a lot faster than expected. I still have some loose odds and ends that I need to find a place for, but other than that I am pretty much settled in. There is food in the fridge, clothes in the closet, and a fairly happy Cami to boot. 

OH, and the food that I have had thus far has been absolutely delicious. The first night we ordered gyros from Delphi and they were phenomenal. I will definitely be saving that menu. And then this morning I went to Coral Tree Cafe in Brentwood for brunch and again: phenomenal. I had their egg bruschetta and some fresh squeezed OJ and it was probably one of the best breakfasts I've ever had. I highly recommend both places!

No comments:

Post a Comment